Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dinner Auction Over

So we had the auction for the Italian North & South Dinner. We were the first item to be on the block. We thought, that stinks, the first never goes for much. People are just getting there feet wet and there are 11 items they were auctioning. Most were fancy dinners at fancy restaurants, one painting, and a couple of overnight trips plus dinner, or a day of golfing plus dinner. One that went for the most was a spanish dinner party for 20! So who knew if our little Taste of Italy dinner for 8 would do well. I was very happy! it went for $800. WOW, that was more than many others, only two were higher! So we have to make sure it is REALLY good! We sold it with a story. My friend Sally who is doing this with me thought it would be interesting to give some history on how I came across the recipes. Like how my 2 italian parents from Northern and Southern Italy met and came to America. In the blurb about the dinner in the program, some of what I wrote was there as part of the description, it said if you want to hear more you had to bid on the dinner. We've decided to make it into a real story. I will tell it (of course, it's my story) and Sally & Marte will be my 'grunges' as they so nicely put it. I do all the pre cooking, they do all the serving and cleaning. Not a problem, should be fun. Then gentleman who won the bid would like it after the 1st of the year, so we have a while. This should be fun!

5 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger The Math Ninja said...

That is fun! It makes me hungry to think about all of the yummy foods!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Margie said...

Congratulations on your $800 auction bid. That is fantastic. What is the charity again?

Also, which story are you telling? There are a few that I've heard.

by the way, I didn't know you made tortoni....can I have the recipe if it isn't too hard???

xoxo
M

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Irene said...

Remember I used to make it during the holidays back in PA. I'll e-mail you the recipe margie, it's easy and comes out really yummy.
The charity is the local cow towm museum. It's a great place to visit. next time you are here I will take you.

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Polo said...

This is a so interesting action.Hope everyone have a good time.

 
At 3:56 AM, Anonymous purchase domain name said...

Super-Duper blog! I am loving it!! Will be back later to read some more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home