Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Looking good!

I did something I never do. Since I'm still over weight, I do what most over weight people do. I do not buy myself new clothes since I'm 'waiting' till I'm thinner to spend money. But on Tuesday I did a presentation (seminar) for a client. It is the second one in a week and I have another next week. I put on one of my suits and when I was sitting there looking at my shoes, I noticed the heel was damaged, the shoe looked a bit scuffed too. I looked in my lap and my best suit had a nice pull in the fabric. I looked at my blouse and realized even though it's in good shape, I've had this blouse about 12 years. hmmmm. I'm a VP of a company and my BEST suit is about 5 years old? scuffed damaged shoes? a 12 year old blouse? what the heck is wrong with me!!! So I went major shopping on my way home from the presentation. I bought so many work clothes, shoes, scarves, jewelry and a new pocketbook, I dont want to think about how much I spent. Then I went home and got rid of things in my closet that I dont wear or look bad on me. I'm out of town again now but when I go home this weekend, my shoes and drawers are next. I wore a new outfit today and got compliments on my clothes and my pocketbook. It must be noticable! I should have done this a while ago. I deserve it!

1 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Blogger SAMBA said...

haha you've got to love serendipity!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home